If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Grass Cutting Time

We are entering one of my favorite times of the year - spring in the south has no comparison.  I love seeing the plants peeking up out of the ground and the greening of the grass, the trees, everything!  It is also this time of year that I am enjoying cutting the grass.  It is still a new thing to do and I'm not worn out with other things.  This gives me a good reason to be outside and enjoying the sunny days.  It gives me a chance to sit and think...or not.  Grass cutting is instant gratification - something shaggy is immediately tamed and shaped and looks more manicured.  I know that at some later date I will be complaining of the dustiness, the continual need to mow, the speed at which the grass is growing and I'm struggling to keep up.  However, right now, it is a welcome respite from the cold, grey, miserable times.  There is renewed hope for beauty and the perpetual reassurance that all moves forward and the cycle continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment