If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Something to think about

Today I had a doctor's appointment to check my progress with my new blood pressure medication and to check on my ear infections and see if I am finally over that.  Well, I'm happy to report that the blood pressure is in-check now and that is a relief.  No, I don't like having to take the medicine every day.  I don't like having to pay for something foreign to put in my body to control it.  I wish I could control it myself - and maybe if I was more disciplined and would loose this extra weight, I could.  Let's face it, though.  That isn't happening and I need to do something else to keep the blood pressure under control.  So, with Mike's help at reminding me each morning, I'm faithfully taking the medicine and measuring the pressure.  The ear infection - well, I still have it.  So, I was prescribed a new round of clear-it-up medicine and we shall see how that goes. 

One of the things I had to do is to give a little blood to the lab so that those experts could check liver function and several other things.  When I sat down in the chair there at the lab, I noticed this story on the wall.  I thought it was something that I would like to pass along.  I know that it is something that I need to be reminded of on a regular basis.

A Cherokee Legend

An old Cherokee was teaching his grandson about life.

"A fight is going on inside me," he said to the boy.  "It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves.

One is evil - he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego."

He continued, "The other is good - he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you - and inside every other person, too."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

Which wolf are you feeding?

No comments:

Post a Comment