If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Things For Which I'm Thankful

Over the years when I'm struggling and feeling sorry for myself - or just generally negative or weepy or down-and-out... Somehow God has shown me that I need to start looking at the things I'm really thankful to Him for providing in my life. 

Why is it that I ignore this mindset and am so hard-headed willful and try to forge my way through life without God's will for me?  It never fails, though, that He comes along and gets my attention and helps me to refocus.  Sometimes it is with a gentle little nudge.  Sometimes it is simply by putting someone in my path who reminds me of this.  More often it is by bonking me over the head several times and making me go, "Ah Ha!"  Guess which one is was this time?

Here is a start of some things I am thankful for:

1.  My husband who loves me and honors me and supports me.
2.  My parents who taught me right from wrong by living it.
3.  My children who have turned out alright in spite of all my mistakes.
4.  My children's spouses who love them and make them be better people.
5.  My husband's children who love him (and me, because he loves me).
6.  A job which keeps me thinking and learning and seeing the world in a fresh way.
7.  Simple treasures like cooling breezes, flower blooms, and fresh smelling fragrances.
8.  Opportunities for children to smile, giggle, and laugh out loud.
9.  Hugs when I am floundering.
10.Wise words spoken through gentle lips.

I could go on and on with my list.  Maybe that is what I need to do all day long today...

No comments:

Post a Comment