If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fall looks

I was out shopping for something else - a birthday gift that I didn't ever get - on Saturday.  While I didn't find the perfect gift, I did stumble across this fabric that really just jumped out and grabbed me.  I thought it would look great for fall napkins or placemats or something. 


In my mind I thought I'd find a companion print to line it with and make whatever I created reversable.  Well, that companion print never presented itself.  So, I was at odds for what to do with it.  Finally, I decided I'd just make table runners out of it by turning the edges under and top-stitching a hem. 

Now, I have to decide if I'm going to run them both across the table this way or turn them to criss-cross on the table running down the center or if I'm going to use one on this table and one on another table when I have company over for the birthday celebration (that I still don't have a gift for). 

I also have to find something to make napkins out of.  Where oh where is the appropriate companion print?

(When I have it all together, I'll create a whole post about my fall decor.)

No comments:

Post a Comment