If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

We stayed up and rang in the new year last night.  We were surrounded by those we love most (all four of our children and their families) for the greater part of the day which made it easy for Mike and I to sit and reminisce during the wee hours. 

Today we will be munching on leftover party fare and eating our blackeyed peas for good luck.  Mike and daughter-in-law, Jessica said last night that we also needed to eat some turnip greens for wealth and hog jowl for health.  (If I hadn't been dragging around here puny and sickly for the past couple of weeks, I'm not so sure I could strive for the health and wealth part!)

The recipe I've adapted for my blackeyed peas this year can be found at Laura's White Spray Paint blog.  A link to the recipe is HERE.

Hope you have a great start to a fresh new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment