If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Mrs. O

Today is my mother-in-law's birthday.  I don't think she will mind me sharing that she is turning eighty today.  (If she does, sorry, Mrs. O, but I'm glad you are.)

No, she doesn't look eighty - whatever that may "look" like.  She looks lovely and spunky and loved.  No, she doesn't act eighty - whatever that may be.  She is lively and active and loving.  I know I can speak for my favorite sister-in-law here and say that we both feel quite lucky to have her as our second mother.  She looks after us and our entire family.  She loves socializing and searches for reasons to celebrate life.  She loves nothing better than gathering all her family together for fellowship, food, and laughter. 

Her sense of humor is refreshing and she continually looks for ways to enjoy good living.  Her taste is impeccable and she tries to surround herself and those near her with the exquisite.  Her energy is contagious and those who are near tend to become involved in her schemes without even realizing they have done so. 

Yesterday we celebrated her with many of her brood - both sons, most of her grandchildren and great-grandchildren.  It was a rowdy, boisterous, delicious gathering of folks and we all left with smiles on our faces, full bellies, and warm memories of times reminisced and shared. 

Of course, I am most grateful that she has shared a wonderful man, my husband, Mike, to fill my life and help fulfill many of my dreams.  (Yes, I know that there are also days that I wonder why she didn't mold him a little closer to perfection in my mind, but mostly she did pretty well!) 

Today, I am thankful for Carrie Lucille Stephenson Ozburn and wish her a happy birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment