If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Monday, October 21, 2013

Bridesmaid Luncheon

We are looking forward to a wedding in our family!  My niece, Rebecca, is taking the big step with her love, Nathan.  He made a sweet beach proposal when he went along with my sister's family on a vacation back in the summer.

She was quite surprised and seemed swept off her feet.  He is a nice young man and we are all excited for the young couple!

I recently hosted a luncheon for her and her bridesmaids.  We had a lovely afternoon.  The girls are all such sweet young women.  I felt honored to have them visit our home.  Here are some shots of the afternoon we shared together...

I used seasonal items to decorate.  The centerpiece on my main dining table was a tray filled by a stoneware pitcher of sunflowers with English ivy woven through piles of various types of pumpkins.  I also wove burlap ribbon through the pumpkins and ivy.
It was all very fall-ish, natural, and low-key.  

The Blue Willow plates were perched atop silk place mats which were the same shade of tan as the burlap to continue with the neutral background but added just a hint of shimmer to the table.  I used simple brown swirl napkins that I'd crafted and wooden napkin rings.
Blue Willow and Burlap - simple with a country flair

On the small, round table adjacent to the island, I had a similar look with a basket full of porcelain pumpkins, the chicken salt/pepper shaker, and burlap ribbon.
The menu was simple as well - chicken and rice casserole, tossed green salad, frozen cherry/pineapple salad, yeast rolls that were shaped like pumpkins. (Thanks KariAnne at Thistlewood Farms!)

We all enjoyed sharing stories and laughing and learning about Becca's plans for the wedding.



When all the young women left (Yes, Brenda, I'm counting you as a young woman, too!), I certainly felt blessed to have been able to share my afternoon and our home and pray that my niece, Becca has many similar opportunities in her future!

No comments:

Post a Comment