If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Maybe simplest is best...

I've come to a conclusion.  I don't think I'm going to put a bed skirt with my Granny's quilt.
I thought it was necessary because the box springs on the bed peeks out from under the quilt.  I've searched and searched for appropriate fabric.  I've given it all sorts of thought.  If I use a bed skirt, the pretty wooden bed rails won't show.  I haven't been able to find the 'just-right' fabric to coordinate with the quilt but not distract from the workmanship.  So, last weekend when I was shuffling bedding, I put a white sheet over the box springs to make it not stand out like a sore thumb.  I think I like that enough for now and will live with it. I've still not landed on the perfect fabric for curtains and pillow shams.  So, I pulled the white matelasse ones off the bed in the back bedroom and that is how it will be for a while.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment