If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Monday, May 6, 2013

I've Been Pinning

Don't you just love Pinterest?  I ran into a teacher friend I have known for years and years when I was in the grocery store today.  She informed me that last summer I had transformed her life at a technology professional development session she had attended.

My heart was warmed.  My face began to beam.  I felt so puffed up with pride.  I was so glad to have made her life in the classroom more meaningful and full.  Then, she told me that she had become a huge fan of Pinterest! 

I do recall that during one of the breaks in one of the three sessions she participated in that facilitated she asked me to show her how to do something with Pinterest.  She didn't quite 'get' something about pinning and needed a little coaching.  So, I accessed my Instructional Tools Pinterest Board and shared with her just how to work through whatever it was her stumbling block happened to be. 

As I tried not to show that I was wilting a bit professionally and withering there on the educational leader vine, Jan went on to describe several of the wonderful tips she had picked up as a result of Pinterest...like how to cook corn-on-the-cob and shuck away the silks or how to clean your bathtub caulk and several other fabulous and life-changing pins. 

We never know what sort of impact we make upon people do we?  I feel so proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment