If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

The Meaning of the Words

This is actually an update to my earlier post, I Call Him George...

Isn't it funny how we see things when we really pause and take time to focus?

Sometimes I just watch Mike's calves and laugh out loud.  Now, I was raised on a farm and worked with cattle for thirty years or more.  Yet, I am just now noticing how interesting, entertaining, and enjoyable it can be to just watch them.

This afternoon I went into the shed to feed the group of eight calves that spend most of their time out behind the barn... the group of which George Washington is a part.  I poured the grain into he trough.  Then, I patted the side of the bucket and called to the calves, "Su-Calves!  Come on up here!

All of a sudden, their heads popped up and they whirled around and began to run toward the barn for dinner time.

George may not be the first one to the feed trough, but he certainly won't be the last!

He gives the dash to the barn everything he's got.  The mud from the recent ice, snow, and rain doesn't even slow him down a bit.

Look at that form!

George demonstrates the true meaning of the term high-tailing it!

1 comment:

  1. Ole George is coming along good. Where's lydias favorite little fella???

    ReplyDelete