If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Parade of Homes

The Middle Tennessee Home Builders' Parade of Homes is right in my back yard this year!
Well, I guess it depends on how you look at it.
English Country Revival from Landmark Homes

The Parade is not REALLY in my back yard.
The Oxford by Regent Homes

Actually, it is closer to being in my front-side yard.
Rustic Tudor - the Bentley from Regent Homes

You see it is showcasing homes about four miles right down the road from me in my own little small town.
Sophisticated Cottage from Arnold Homes

It seems like the Parade of Homes might have been showcasing the year of the ceiling to me.
There was this one that seemed to be reclaimed wood and stenciled.
There was this one that was tongue and groove with a coffered effect, too.  Plus, notice that brick arch outlining the nice niche with a beautiful painting and gorgeous lamps.  (Yea, I did do a bit of a swoon.)  This was right inside the front door of one of the homes.
There was also this one which was quite simple but also featured an arched doorway, wide crown molding, and an interesting pattern created by a beautiful metal light fixture in oil-rubbed-bronze.
Then, there was this beautiful tray ceiling with a metallic paint color that was gracing a room backed up by a brick wall that had a beautiful archway and delicious crown molding, too.
This one was exquisite with coffers and natural wood beams in the tray area and a complementary paint above the crown molding on the lower part.
This one was fabulous on a porch with a fireplace.  I would love to be out there with a stack of magazines, some munchy snacks, something steamy to drink, and SEC Football playing on the TV today!
This one was almost my favorite.  I loved the tray shape.  I loved the reclaimed wood.  I loved the variation of the planks with the darker X planks.  I loved the sparkly chandelier.  Yep, I swooned.  Then, I walked out onto this porch and saw this one.
Again, a great place for this SEC Football weekend.  Great fireplace.  Beautiful light fixture.  But, that reclaimed tin ceiling.  Ah...

Made me think of the old barn at my parents' home that recently was cleared away.  Wouldn't that have been a great way to salvage a bit of history?  Since it was outside and in a protected area, it would have been protected.  It not only would have been a great way to bring the past and its memories into the present, but it would also shelter all the new memories as they are being made.  Why didn't I see that before all that old tin was hauled away?  Oh well, maybe the next old barn...

Hope you enjoyed this quick tour of the ceilings of the Middle Tennessee Homebuilders' Parade of Homes at Sherwood Green.  I'm proud to know such dwellings of beauty are right here in my neck of the woods.  Check them out and if you move into the area, give me a shout and we will lounge around on a Saturday morning with some munchy snacks, something steamy to drink, and SEC Football playing on the TV.  One of my favorite ways to spend a fall weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment