If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Monday, March 21, 2016

Cards and Creativity

I noticed that Mama had a box of cards and envelopes when I was there this afternoon.

I noticed that she had several addressed and ready to be mailed.

I'm guessing that she is writing thank-yous to the friends and neighbors who have brought meals and snacks and chocolate pie.

(Gosh!  I hope she has thanked folks for the choclate pies and encouraged them to bring more of those!  Chocolate meringue...chocolate fudge...pecan...Oh, be still my heart!)

Mama has always been good at writing thank yous and she instilled in us the importance of writing folks a personal note.  I'm not as good at writing those as I'd like to be but I want to be better at it.

I like to write.  I've always been a writer.  I guess that is something Mama instilled in me, too.

I stumbled across another creative writer's work recently and I am just fascinated by the things she creates.

I tell myself that someday - maybe when I get to retire - I will try some of that kind of creative work and incorporate it into my writing.

What snagged me was the recipe for Blueberry Muffins - one of my favorites!  Well, actually it was the photo of the muffin that snagged me...

Isn't that just beautiful?  I can almost taste the sweet flakey muffin and the tart blueberries!

The real beauty came in the recipe card she created, though.
Plus, she made a video showing HOW she created the recipe card!

Yep!  Someday I'm going to be creative and give that a try!

You may want to hop over there and check out the Jones Design Company blog and printable archive.  She does magnificent work and I am now following her and dreaming of what I can do...someday.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete