If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Monday, March 14, 2016

Reading to Children

During Read Across America week, some of the grands were encouraged to dress like a book character.  The first graders at one of the schools were encouraged to choose a Dr. Seuss book character.  Can you tell who Lydia chose?
Maybe this will help a bit...
I think she was a dead ringer, don't you?

Another of the grands dressed like Old McDonald...
E-I-E-I-O!

Of course you know I'm a believer in reading.  I promote it in every way I can.  I firmly believe that reading to children - children of all ages helps to make them smarter and eventually more successful in life.  So, when I am sent photos like the one below, my heart sings.
Lillie reading Mr. Brown Can Moo! is a hit with Luci.

Let me urge you to take some time to read to somebody as often as you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment