If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Tired

I...

am...

tired.

Life has been demanding lately and I am just plain old tired.

I keep on thinking that I'll pause and get a little rest but that just doesn't seem to be happening.

It seems that there is always something to be done.

In a phone call today I told somebody that I'm wondering if I will ever NOT feel tired again.

A couple of blog posts I read as I was catching up today even referenced resting:

The first one is called Rest Is Not a Weakness.  Let me say that I love the look of this writer's Lifebook.  Years ago I jused to keep a Writer's Notebook and had lots of things stapled and taped into it along with my writing.  However, mine never looked as pretty and interesting as hers.  Maybe I should use that inspiration and begin the practice of keeping a writing book again.

The other is called Practicing Rest in a Fast-Paced World.  I like the idea of practicing it!  Maybe if I could practice, I could perfect it.  While I might not agree with everything in the aforementioned post, I do think the concept of giving myself permission and practicing rest is a good idea.

I intend to do just that - rest - sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment