If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Confession Time

I have a confession to make.

I hope you are sitting down.

If you are not sitting, you probably better.

Here it is.

I'm letting the world know right now...

I am not a very tidy housekeeper.

I know it is a shock.  

I mean, you never noticed.  Did you?

Well, I have never been Mrs. Tidy.  

However, I have been doing lots of  - oh, I'll get to that later.

And I've done some - I'll tackle that the next time I'm off for a few days.

I told myself that before Labor Day last year.

I told myself that last fall before fall break.

I told myself that before Christmas break.

I even mumbled it before spring break this year.

Now...

Now it is summer time and all those I'll get to that laters are staring me in the face.

Today's project was the kitchen cabinets.  I told myself I would get that knocked out while Mike was out on the mower.
The last time the kitchen was REALLY clean - right after Mike and I married!

Do you have any idea how things can get out of hand when you say I'll get to that later?
Eeew!  Yuck!

So, I pretended to clean up a bit with some window-type cleaner and a swift wipe down.  Then, I looked really closely and saw the scenery above and all of its yuckiness.
Today, became THE DAY.

I mixed up a solution of vinegar and dish soap and got me a bucket and a spray bottle and a scrubber and a cloth and I've been doing a deep clean.  Just look at what a little elbow grease can do to the built-up yuckiness of cooking, dustiness, I'll-get-to-that-later.
I still love the distressed-over-time look of my cabinets and the kitchen.  It really looks so much better when it is just the distressed and not the I'll-get-to-that-later look, though!

It feels so good to see that cleanliness!  Two down...
...just eighteen more to go and I'll be done!

...with the top cabinets...ARGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment