If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

...And the Living is Easy.

Summertime and the livin' is easy
Fish are jumpin' and the cotton is high
Oh, your daddy's rich and your ma is good lookin'
So hush, little baby, don't you cry


Bridgette, Lillie, Lydia, and Luci went west to visit with cousin, Harris, a week or so ago.  They spent some time squirting one another with water guns and splashing and generally playing in the water and hot summer weather.  I loved this shot that was shared with us.  Don't they look like a bunch of renegades with their water guns and goggles?

One of these mornings you're gonna rise up singing
And you'll spread your wings and you'll take to the sky
But till that morning, there ain't nothin' can harm you
With daddy and mammy standin' by


I think Levi and Easton did their share of splashing at their water table during the hot days.  Water is such a natural magnet and way of having fun for children and what better way to entertain and cool off during those steamy days?

When I am fortunate enough to get photos from the grandchildren's parents sharing their ordinary days, my heart just swells.  So, in typical grandmother fashion, I'm opening my brag book and sharing the love.  Of course, Mike and I think they are adorable and practically perfect in every way!  
These photos shared by the parents sure do make me think of lyrics from that old-time jazz song, Summertime.  I know when we had days where we just splashed in the plastic pool or the creek as a child, that those days were when the living was easy!

I'm already back at work and for the first time in my career I am not feeling ready and excited to go back to school.  Maybe I just need a little bit more of that summertime...

Summertime, and the livin' is easy
Fish are jumpin' and the cotton is high
Oh, your daddy's rich and your ma is good-lookin'
So hush, little baby, don't you cry

No comments:

Post a Comment