If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

One Man's Trash

I have too much junk.  I guess everybody does.  That is why there is almost always a yard sale going on during any given weekend.  Last weekend a friend of mine had a yard sale and I stopped just to say hello and show off my granddaughters.

I got some treasures, though.  Like this brass container. 

It was dull and dented.  Around the handles it was a little gunky. 

Yet, it is pretty heavy in weight and is a cute size.  I kind of liked the patina of the tarnished brass and the gunkiness.  However, I decided to shine it up a little.  So, I pulled out the brass polish and scrubbed on it a wee bit. 
Doesn't it look cute with the pumpkins, gourds, and cinnamon sticks in it?


I set it on the mantle in the kitchen beside the cute monogramed ceramic pumpking my daughter gave me as an early birthday present.  I'd seen them at Hobby Lobby about a month ago and told her to watch for them to go on sale.  She did and I got one!  Yippee!!!  Guess who is the favorite child right now?  


The good thing about it is that with a little time it will have that darkened patina to it again.  I cannot decide which way I like it better...  I think it will also look good at Christmas time with glittery pine cones in it.  How else could I use it?

No comments:

Post a Comment