If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Artiste

Have you ever been to one of those places where you can visit with your friends, sip a glass of wine, and be guided through creating a painting?  Well, I've seen them advertised but never had been until this week.  My friend, Kathy, invited me to tag along with some of her friends and I did!

We each took snacks and something to sip.  The place is called Uptown Art Uncorked!  I soon found that the snacks and sipping would not be possible for me.  Every time we worked toward a break for snacks and sipping I was behind and needed that time to catch up! 

The experience was great fun.  We started with a little sketching onto our canvas.  Then, we began mixing paint and transformed it from plain white to a beautiful masterpiece.  The teacher walked us through step-by-step and modeled for us what we should do.  She was an exceptional guide and mentor. 

Interestingly, each person's painting turned out different but every one was really wonderful!  I am quite pleased with mine and I think Mike was really blown away with the depth of my artistic talent. 

It is highlighted with glitter that doesn't show up here!

No comments:

Post a Comment