If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Saturday, October 28, 2017

Random Ramblings Volume # 6

First of all, let me confess.

I really don't know what volume this really is.

I just randomly picked out the number six.

So, we're going with it.

Fall has officially arrived here.  We had warm t-shirt weather yesterday at mid-day and by the time it got dark we had sweatshirt weather.  Then, it started raining and today it is really cool.  I'm ready for it and I think Mike is as well.  I know that my allergies are ready for it!  I'm alternately sniffly, stuffy, coughy, and have itchy eyes.

As much as I love my job, I am always ready for the weekend and today is a lazy Saturday.  I got up at the same time this morning as usual but only to let Toby out to take care of his business and feed him.  Then, since it was still dark, I crawled back in bed and snoozed a bit more.  What a luxury!


When I finally did get roused enough to get up, Mike was already in the kitchen cooking bacon, eggs, and biscuits for breakfast and I simply made coffee.  I had clean-up duty but it was worth it to get the generously prepared breakfast with no effort!

I've spent the remainder of the morning sipping coffee and catching up with the blog feeds to which I subscribe.  Every time I glance up and see this little vignette on the chopping block table, it makes me smile.  I love those happy pumpkins even on a grey day!


I also like this cluster of fall leaves in the urn on the island.  It just speaks to me.  Of course, I know that in a while the counter will be cluttered with the fixings of a meal and need to be cleaned again.  But, for now, it makes me smile.


I also smile at this simple seasonal decor on the kitchen mantel.  It truly is the little things isn't it?


I was intrigued by a news post this week.  I saw this photo posted on a blog and had to learn more.  The backstory is quite interesting.


Doesn't this picture make you want to light a fire and put some marshmallows on a stick?  Oh, what a cozy and relaxing looking space at Rattlebridge Farm!


If I still lived in my old house that was close to the road where you could see such a fun decoration, I would copy this idea in a heartbeat!  I just love those striped and polka-dot witch's legs I see around anyway and this is probably the cutest application of them that I've ever seen!  Thanks for sharing Home Is Where The Boat Is.


I cannot tell you how much I agree with the perspective of Emily in Wear Better Pants.  I read the transcript, of course, but I'm sure the podcast is wonderful, too.  They usually are.

I've also done a lot of thinking and trying to encourage my daughters lately because I remember well how hard it is to mother little children like they are doing.  I think they are doing an amazing job and are just, well, amazing anyway much like Karianne describes in her book So Close to Amazing.  I know that they are already keeping this idea in mind and encouraging their children.

I thought this was the cutest idea that it made me want to go to the farm stand and get more pumpkins and pull out my hobby paint and create one.  But, really, we probably won't have any trick-or-treaters and pumpkin season is half over at this point.  I did pin it for next year, though!  I really love lots of Jennifer's ideas over at Dimples and Tangles and often get inspired to perk things up and add a bit of spunkiness and bright colors.

If I was buying for myself, I would get one of these ASAP!  And a pair of those pajama pants with the monogram.  Have you seen those?  And have you seen those sparkly slip-on sneakers?  Don't they look fun?


My daughter has been making these signs. The one above and the one below were donated to her children's school fundraiser recently.  Aren't they attractive?


I'm sure they made the silent auction bids go higher, aren't you?


This one saying home is another of her creations.  I really don't have a spot for any of them other than on my back porch but I do love them!

Well, that wraps up my randomness for a while.  I'm spending the afternoon watching SEC football, sipping on spiced tea, listening to the washer and dryer run, between folding loads of laundry and stirring up a pot of soup.  Hope your Saturday is random and relaxing as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment