If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Monday, November 13, 2017

Family Photo Day

I had the opportunity to spend some time with part of our family on Saturday looking through the lens of my camera. 
This one is Mike's favorite!

The photographer Bridgette has used for a few years was unavailable for this year's fall photo session.  Since Bridgette wants to get going with their Christmas cards, she was a wee bit frantic about getting the photos and asked me to take some shots for them.

We had a pretty good session and I was lucky enough to get a few that we liked in about an hour.  Then, we took some time to go in and have lunch.  Most of the time there were smiles with a little bit of goofiness thrown in for good measure.

Taking group shots is just as difficult as one might imagine when there are five of them and one is three-years-old!  When I sat down to do some editing and cropping, I was thankful I had several shots of the same general 'pose' to choose from. 

Sometimes everybody is cooperative and paying close attention and smiling pretty for the camera.  And sometimes, well, sometimes, not so much!

There were also times when the gesture I mentioned turned out to be a good thing.  And there are others that the look didn't seem to match up what I had in my head - at least not for all of the crew!

There were a couple of times when it seemed that we were going to have a Sunday school meeting in order to get everybody in the same mindset.  At times it seemed we were going to kind of have a laying on of hands, if you know what I mean.

All-in-all I shot well over 700 photos that afternoon and I'm glad I'm not the one having to pick which one will be the front of the Christmas card!  After lunch, we went back out and I made a few individuals of the children and some of just the three girls without their parents.  I must say that I really like taking the one-on-one shots far better than the large family groups! (I will share some of those later.)


Having this opportunity certainly helped to drive home just how fortunate and blessed we are!  I'm already looking forward to the next photo session.

No comments:

Post a Comment