Oh, don't get me wrong, we had a big time and enjoyed the places we visited and the people we interacted with while we were gone. It is just always good to come home.
We've worked hard to make our home a sanctuary and we really felt it after being gone. The hotel we stayed in was super-nice. There were soft sheets, a clean space, a nice bath, a pool, a workout room, free breakfasts, drinks, and free evening meals. The food was delicious and plentiful. It just wasn't home.
I stayed in my nightgown all day long yesterday. All. Day. Long. The only person I talked to was the Mister. It was wonderful!
I did laundry. I cooked dinner. That is about it as far as tasks completed. The dinner I prepared was simple fare but it was so tasty. Even the Mister commented that it was such a good meal. All we had was stewed potatoes, peas, carrots, and hamburger steak, onions, and gravy. Yet, it seemed like gourmet food.
No comments:
Post a Comment