This week I worked on simple zip pouches. I've noticed that most everybody has a use for some sort of zip-up pouch. They are good for storing charging cords, chargers, and ear buds. They are good for holding small items like chap stick, coins, basic makeup, and various other supplies. Since school has started back around here, I'm guessing kiddos are using them as well as adults.
I also know that by Christmas, some of those items might be lost, used up, or just need updating. This week I crafter a few simple zip-up pouches to give as gifts. I'm trying to think of the different interests of our family members and activities that they are a part of and incorporating that into the mix.
We are farmers and the farm influence has trickled down in some ways. So, one day's creations sort of seemed to have a farm theme. I made pencil pouches for the school aged grandsons. They all three show livestock. One has sheep, the other two have cattle and pigs. So, that became the focus of their pencil pouches.
I used a pair of old jeans that had developed holes and added some other scraps of fabric and a zipper and I think they really turned out to be cute.
I lined the pouches with the same fabric that I had used as trim and added a swivel clip on a D-ring to one end. On the opposite side of the farm animal, I added a monogram.
It's fun to see my vision come to life. I hope these help those young guys be more organized and keep up with some of their treasures. Have you started thinking about Christmas gifts?
No comments:
Post a Comment