If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Freshening Up

Some things around here just needed a bit of freshening up...I mean, other than me.

We rarely use the full staircase that goes up to our deck.  We take the lazy route and go up the short three-step entrance instead.  So, when I was planting flowers earlier this week, I noticed that the wreath on the full staircase gate had become shredded and dilapidated.
Sadness About

This is a full-color picture.  The bow is faded and bedraggled.  The wreath is shredded and pitiful.  The little metal welcome word is lying forlorn on the step.  Lots of sadness there.

A quick trip to the local Goodwill and I came home with a two dollar vine wreath.  I used a scrap of the left-over green chevron burlap wreath that I had used on the previous wreath and several gifts to make a perky little bow.  I attached the little metal welcome word and used cable ties to attach it to the gate.
Come on in!

Fresh!  Come on up the steps and step through the gate for a visit.  You are always welcome here!

No comments:

Post a Comment