If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Quick Little Project

When I was a young girl...

Long, many years ago...

I had a wonderful old patchwork quilt that followed me off to my college dorm room.

It was soft and well-loved.

It kept me warm and helped me think of home.

It was crafted by my great-grandmother.

It wore well and all I could salvage from it six or eight years ago was a couple of worn but still-pretty-much-intact quilt squares.

I saved them.

I finally got an idea for how to use them.

Here they are framed and hanging above the bed in the Guest Quarters.

I used album frames...

mainly because they were inexpensive and I had a coupon at Hobby Lobby...

probably much like the quilt was made from something inexpensive and easily accessible.

Nothing fancy.

Just plain and simple.

Completing a simple look.

Sweet memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment