We don't see one another nearly as frequently as we did as youngsters nor even as often as we did when we were raising our children. Yet, it seems like we can sort of pick up conversations where we left off and carry on when we do connect.
I learned last month that one of those gal's husband had a health issue and was moving from hospital to a rehab facility. She traversed quite a trek back and forth to the hospital and then to the rehab facility each day to spend time with him. Then, she continued to work and keep their family farm running as well. So, I knew that she was exhausted and a phone conversation truly confirmed that. As a result, she has been on my mind a lot and I've been saying little prayers for her and her family.
I touched base with my friend today and am so relieved that she sounded so much better and even optimistic. Her husband is home and starts out-patient rehab tomorrow. He is somewhat mobile and is progressing and getting better, she said.
It was so good to talk to her and we almost seem to just pick up a thread of conversation and run with it as though we are still car-pooling our kindergarteners back and forth to school. I hope the few minutes we chatted were a good thing for her because those were some of the best moments of my day today.
I hope everybody has a chance to catch up with a long-time friend this week and have a comfortable chat.
No comments:
Post a Comment