If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Bargain thrills!

One of my favorite things in the world is to run across a bargain.  There is no better feeling to me that to get something I want (or even something I need) at a reduced price.  I have gotten so bad about shopping sales, second-hand stores, etc. that it almost pains me to pay full price for something. 
I sometimes think it is just the thrill of the hunt as much as the actual money savings! 

I have my favorite haunts for discounted items - Big Lots!, local second-hand and antique stores, local consignment stores, Old Time Pottery - just to name a few.  In nearby Franklin, we also have a couple of wonderful places of which I recently discovered that we will soon have right here locally - only about five miles from my house! 
Here is how it looked earlier this week!

Yippee!  I can hardly wait to see what treasures abound.  I also need to clean out our closet and the basement and contribute some items. 

Of course, there are many other ways to save money and still find treasures at a discount - or maybe even free.  I follow some bloggers who show photos of furniture they swapped for on Craig's List or Freecycle.com and I am envious.  So, I have dipped my toe into this a bit here of late and feel pretty successful.  I'll be sharing those in a later post.

Today, though, I have to share my most recent deal.  You see, Mike and I have been enjoying the cooler evenings and lounging out on the deck for the past several evenings.  It has even been cool enough that some afternoons this week it was comfortable enough to relax after work by sitting in one of our rockers.  You can read more about them HERE.  I mentioned that I wish I had a footstool for sitting out there and reading, looking at magazines, etc. 

Friday afternoon I stopped off at one of my favorite bargain shopping spots...

(I'm still having to drive ALL THE WAY to Franklin right now and that is where I found this treasure.)  I was actually looking for a lamp shade for a lamp that my friend Stacy had disposed of graciously given to me.  Alas, it wasn't to be found.  However, look what I did find...
Toby and I have enjoyed it this weekend immensely! 

No comments:

Post a Comment