If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Friday, June 23, 2017

Sweet Drops of Rest!

It started raining early yesterday morning and I think Mike saw that as sweet drops of rest!

Our neighbor is out of town and he has been mowing his one-plus acre lawn.  Then, there is his mother's lawn which is about two acres.  Then, our various patches of grass - around the house, around the barn, around Pop's barn, and out the driveways.  I'm guessing that would measure at least three or four acres.  Then, he has helped out with Stephen's mowing while his mower was on the fritz.  So, that added another three or four acres.  LOTS of grass cutting!

He has been cutting grass and cutting grass and cutting grass and was ready for a break.  Of course, with rain in the forecast for the next several days, as soon as the sun shines, he will be behind on the grass cutting again!  I am reminding him that it is a blessing and we should be thankful for our blessings.  The snarl is real, ya'll!

We got our first return from his gardening efforts the other day!  Mike brought in three cucumbers.  So, yesterday I prepped one of his favorite summer-time dishes - Cucumber and Onion Salad.

Hop on over to my recipes to see why he thinks it is delicious!

I spent an afternoon participating in a webinar as a part of professional development for my job.  At this point I am looking at such activities with two different lenses.  The first is as an opportunity to learn, of course.  The second is to look at the webinar as a model for how I am going to turn something of this nature around and share it for other teacher learning opportunities.  I think I'm going to have to suggest we do some webinar/podcasts this fall!  After my suggestion of holding Google Hangouts as PD last year, that we ran with and got a series off the ground, the team may tar and feather me.  When serving as the online facilitator, the feeling is a bit tense.  We know that we are being observed by an audience online in real-time.  We also know that the workshop is being recorded and will be floating in cyberspace for anyone to access.  Whew!  Certainly caused us to step outside our little cocoon!  So, as a team, during the last couple of years we have launched:

Summertime is fleeting and when I realized yesterday was Thursday and I only have a couple weeks of freedom left my heart started to flutter!

No comments:

Post a Comment