If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Sunday, November 18, 2018

Planning the Menu

Thanksgiving is this week and as we ate breakfast this morning, Mike and I mapped out our menu.  When we finished up his delicious sausage, bacon, eggs, biscuits, and gravy, I moved the laptop to the table and began my grocery order.  Yep, I love ordering and picking up at the store parking lot!  It makes grocery time much more bearable.  Now, if I just had somebody to transport the bags of loot from the truck to the kitchen.  I know, I know.  I sound like - If You Give A Mouse A Cookie...

Of course, Mike is going to cook the turkey - we have certainly had some adventures with that!  He was tempted to try out his new wood pellet grill  to smoke it but we loved the fried version last year.  So, we are going to give that a go again.  Can't wait!  I already have the bird and have been searching for the bucket I use to brine him in without success.  I just remembered that I also couldn't find that bucket when I made pickles back in the summer.  So, a new bucket will have to be rounded up. 

It seems my menu is a little casserole-heavy but about the only time I make some of these dishes is at Thanksgiving.  So, things like my Southern Cornbread Dressing,

Sweet Potato Casserole For A House Divided

 Classic Green Bean Casserole,

and Hash Brown Casserole quickly made the list.

To that, we decided that we would have good old Mac-and-Cheese, cream-style corn, Cranberry Congealed Salad, and rolls. 

For dessert, I think I'm going to go with pies this year.  I can do those ahead and who doesn't like a good old southern pie?  I'm leaning toward Classic Pecan Pie, Fudge Pie, and Layered Pumpkin Pie.  YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment