If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Organizing

I got something accomplished this weekend.

I swear I will every week.

I see things that need attention and tell myself I will take care of that on the weekend.

Then, the weekend comes...

...and the weekend goes...

...and I don't get all those things I put off till the weekend done.

This time, I made my list short.

This time I got it done!

You see, there are a few things I have wanted in this house...ever since I first moved into it.  A way to organize the pot lids was one of those things.  I had a couple of ideas about how it should be done.

I searched for ideas here and there and on Pinterest, too.  Then, I saw this blog post by Kari Anne at Thistlewood Farms.

The gods smiled on me and the stars aligned...

Well, really, Mama and Daddy gave Mike and me some money for Christmas...

...and I decided to splurge on a project.

The shelf under the stove - the place where I store my pots and pans and their lids was a disaster.  It looked like this:

And this:

Yes, that is a lid flipped upside down and caught on the electrical wire that makes the stove work.  And to make it worse, when you reached in there to get a lid, sometimes frequently almost every time another lid would fall off the shelf.

So, using KariAnne's fab-u-mundo idea, I ordered the Wooden 15" Plate Rack from Crate and Barrel.

They came all packaged up with some assembly required.

When assembled, it has seven slots to hold pot lids or plates or whatever.

I took all the lids and that weird glass pot off the shelf and gave the shelf a good cleaning.

Then, I set a Plate Rack on the shelf and began to organize and fill it with pot lids.

A second one on the other side of the shelf holds the large circular lifters and glass lids and provides a place for cooling racks to prop against it as well.

There is even a place for that weird glass pot.

It looks so nice that I'm inspired to cook again!

Now I'm on the hunt for a way to organize all those bar-b-que tools of Mike's and the skewers...

No comments:

Post a Comment