If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Changing Seasons

The weather is changing.  The scenery is changing.  Fall is creeping in.  I am loving the cooler days and the nice breezes.  I'm not loving that it is getting dark earlier and earlier.
Pumpkins are popping up here and there.
 
Fall is beginning to creep into the home decor, too.  I found my beautiful monogrammed pumpkin that Bridgette gave me last year and it joined my faux mercury glass project pumpkin on the kitchen mantel. 

I think they add just the right touch of fall to the mantel.  Other autumn hues are easing out into the open as well. 
The Kitchen Island

A little ceramic pumpkin with a raffia bow joins the blue and white vase on the kitchen island.  They are flanked by two candles surrounded by candy corn.  Perky shades of yellow and orange are announcing fall colors in the kitchen. 

Something else seems to be creeping in as well...
...old age.

Look closely and you will see a couple necessary items for both Mike and me - but only if we want to read... or see clearly when something is up close...

I guess we are changing seasons, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment