If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Friday, November 23, 2012

Metamorphosis

I ran across a good idea back in the summer when I was wasting time searching for inspiration on Pinterest.  I found a tutorial for creating slipcovers for throw pillows.  I loved the simplicity of it and I gave it a try myself.  You can read about that project HERE

I knew that when the season changed I would want something that would seem warmer and more cozy.  So, when I was straightening in the basement a couple of weeks ago, I stumbled across some fabric that I've had for years - I am not exagerating - Y-E-A-R-S! 

The original look of the throw pillows...
 
The same throw pillows with their new look...

The beauty of it is, the polished cotton print coordinates beautifully in our den and seems to tie together the merlot colored silk drapes and the camel color of the sofa.  The bonus is that there is a nice navy, a deep forest green, and a rich teal in the pattern as well. 

I love the rich colors and pattern!

That just goes to show you that when you find something you like, latch on to it and you will eventually have just the right place/project/idea for it!  I cannot tell you how many pieces of fabric I have tucked away that I picked up for a song just because I loved the pattern or the colors of them.  A treasure trove!  I have them tucked away just waiting for the perfect project!

No comments:

Post a Comment