If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Risk-Taking

I have become a risk-taker in my old age...

I mean, like my niece once uttered about her 90+ grandfather, "What have I got to lose?"

Who says we have to follow the norms and seek professional guidance when we are decorating our home?

I tend to follow the advice of The Nester..."It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful."

So, when I inherited a couple of serene, pastoral prints from my Granny's estate, I was overwhelmed at first.

The prints are something that really didn't fit with my farmhouse style.

Still, though, they are serene, pastoral, and the colors work in almost every room of the house.

I decided that maybe the deep green trim on the frames was the reason I hesitated to embrace them fully.

After all, I'm not really a lover of green for decorating.

Then, I realized...

be brave!

So...

I panted them!
Just a subtle change.

From green to black!

Wasn't that a brave, risk-taking decorating move on my part?

No comments:

Post a Comment