If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Thursday, November 2, 2017

Sewing Project

About a month ago I got a bag full of fabric and this drawing from Bryan and Jessica.


I asked for some window measurements and a couple of days later I got a text with this drawing:


Part of the fabric in the bag was curtains that I had stitched together for Harris's bedroom when they lived in Clarksville.  In their new house, Harris's bedroom has two windows.  So, we decided to just split the two panels I had already made and use them again in this bedroom.

I had lined them.  So, I decided to take them completely apart down until I simply had pieces of fabric and strips of ribbon.  Then, I cut them in half, making two panels for each of his windows.  Here's how that project turned out:


They almost look custom made for this bedroom!

The rest of the fabric in the bag and the drawing was for Linley's curtains.  So, that was my next project to take on during my fall break.  I really like how they turned out as well.


They are simple, sweet, feminine and work well with her coverlet and other decorations.  Next time I'm over there, I will try to remember to make photos of all that sweet girliness.

No comments:

Post a Comment