If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is one of my most favorite days of the year.  It is a time for sharing love and relaxation and for acknowledging our gratefulness that we often do not consciously do on a daily basis.

I am thankful of blessings god has bestowed upon me which include:

for a wonderful husband who loves me in spite of myself - and he chooses to do so!

for the best parents to whom a girl could ever have been lucky to be born - admirable role models, patient teachers, constant supporters, instillers of confidence, tenacious workers, sharers of heritage, pride, and love.

for children who have grown up to be independent, reliable, compassionate, conscientious, and successful, productive citizens.

for children who have chosen to love and dedicate themselves to the children I birthed.  Bridgette and Bryan could not have done a better job of finding a spouse and are extraordinarily fortunate that this young man and woman chose them to share their lives with and grow old alongside.

for bonus children and their mates who have embraced me and share their lives with me as well as their father.  They and their wonderful mates treat me with respect and consideration even when they don't have to do so.

for an extended family who share their love and lives with us consistently.  I am fortunate to have a strong and faithful sister, brother-in-law, and three nieces who are always there to call upon as they grow in their daily lives.  I also have the luxury of having a sister and brother-in-law through marriage who have been constant friends and now, through marriage continue to reach out to me and my family in love and fellowship.  Their children and grandchildren touch our lives and make us richer in countless ways.

for a mother and father-in-law who extend their warmth and love dependably and steadily.

for friends who are chosen family and enrich our lives and our world with knowledge and empower us with strength.

I am also thankful for a multitude of things but recognize that the things in life that are most important are not things at all!

I hope you and yours have a blessed and happy Thanksgiving Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment