If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Monday, December 19, 2011

Just Stating Facts...

Saturday was a busy day for us.  Mike had to work, as usual.  Our daughter-in-law, Jessica, graduated with her Master's degree in Education at nine in the morning (more on that later).  As is usual for a big family accomplishment, all of us who were free to do so turned out to witness the milestone.  There was a big long string of us - my proud son, Jessica's parents, my parents, my daughter and her husband and their two daughters, and me filled an entire row in section M at the college gymnasium.

After the ceremony we convened at a nearby restaurant to celebrate her and share one another's company.  Then, I trucked home to get ready for Mike's extended family Christmas get-together.  Bridgette and her family came by to let the children get a nap before that gathering.  We were just rising from naps when Mike came in from work.

As I was bringing him up to speed about the graduation cermony he's had to miss, I saw an opportunity to praise the two granddaughters who had attended.  So, I told him that there were two little girls who were so well behaved.  Mike picked up on the intent and he stated, "These girls are always really good."  At that point Lillie, the five-year-old interrupted to interject this, "No, I'm not always good." 

Don't you just love it?  I guess she doesn't want there to be any false expectations!

No comments:

Post a Comment