If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Brightens up a cloudy day...

We were warned that there would be storms.

We were cautioned to be ready.

We were looking forward to some rain!

We were disappointed!

So...

Outside I went fairly early this morning to water everything we decided to let go yesterday because of the impending storm.

The storm that never happened.

The rain that didn't come.

After an hour, the tomatoes, the okra, the bell peppers, the cabbage, the cucumbers, the zucchini, and the yellow squash had a good, deep drink of water - courtesy of me and my hose.
This is an old photo.  There are little heads on the cabbages and little peppers on the plants now.

I trekked back to the house and watered all the flowers on the front and back porches.  (Maybe I can get pictures to share sometime soon.)

I was sweating from all the humidity...

...or was it the heat?

Gosh!

It is BOTH the heat and humidity, for goodness sake!

Right in the midst of all my sweating and wiping my forehead and face with the tail of my T-shirt, I got a message from sweet Harris's mother.
Sweetness personified!

Doesn't that just brighten up a dry, cloudy day when we are wishing for rain?

Yes.

Yes, it does!

No comments:

Post a Comment