If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Monday, May 18, 2015

Random Thoughts

I got one of those forwarded emails that you read and chuckle and forward on the other day.  It was just lots of random thoughts.  You know, things like...

Wouldn't it be great if we could put ourselves in the dryer for ten minutes; come out wrinkle-free and three sizes smaller?

My people skills are fine.  It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work!

Even duct tape can't fix stupid...but it can muffle the sound!

Lord, grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the friends to post my bail when I finally snap!

Of course I talk to myself.  Sometimes I need expert advice!

Old age is coming at a really bad time.

I don't have grey hair.  I have wisdom highlights.  I'm very wise.

At my age, getting lucky means walking into a room and remembering what I came in there for!

In more random sharing...

Here is a post I wish I had written: This One's for the Mothers

As I'm aging, I really appreciate that "precious years aren't meant to last forever," and I think I absorb miracles a bit more than I used to do.

I find that I agree with Emily Freeman who says, "We are all leaving a trail of beauty to those who come behind us." I am truly becoming a woman who realizes that we all need to muster up The Courage to Leave a Legacy.

I told my daughter-in-law this week that I didn't really feel like I was so successful at what this writer said in this post but there is still hope for her.  Sweetly, she reassured me that her husband could indeed be sweet and thoughtful at times and that, like me, she may or may not have teared up when she was reading the post.

And, like Karianne at Thistlewood Farm, I'd like to grow up and go to something... Becoming  ...maybe when I retire and that date isn't the crucial beginning-of-the-school-year-time for me.

Happy randomness!

This post was brought to you by Mother's Day gifts past and present.

No comments:

Post a Comment