If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Saturday, May 23, 2015

What a difference a few days make

A few days ago I was out in the yard with my camera and snapped some photos of the beauty out there.

I couldn't stay long because my allergies had brought on coughing, sniffling, wheezing, and gasping.

Not pretty.

Not pretty at all.

Then, I was out again a couple of days later and all the difference in the world had taken place...

The warm, sunny weather and humidity had done its job.

The blooms of the yellow Knock-Out rose had completely come to life.

It was loaded with sunshine and pale yellow blossoms.

The peonies were bursting open like fireworks.

The ones by the back porch are a deep fuchsia pink which contrasts so beautifully with the mulch, the greenery, and the grey of the lattice-work.

 They were heavy with blooms and brilliant with color and simply luscious to look at.

After a heavy downpour and a few more days, everything - and I do mean everything - was a bit bedraggled and it looked a bit like the chapel after the I-dos and everybody had left.  The only thing remaining was the flower petals scattered along the ground.

So, yesterday I got out my nippers in the cool, late-afternoon light and snipped off the sad, stemmy leavings and await the next round of blossoms from the rose and next years bursts from the peonies.

No comments:

Post a Comment