If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Monday, September 12, 2016

Doing

On one of the hottest days this summer, I had gone to help out at Mom's.  I think I might have been cutting grass but who knows what that day's chore might have been.  At any rate, before I left, I went to the house to check in and see what she was doing.  And there she was...


Yes, she was painting sealer on the concrete driveway and carport.  On one of the hottest days of summer.  My seventy-six-year-old mother.
I asked her if she wanted me to finish it up for her and she paused, panting, and said, "No.  I've done this much all by myself, I'm going to finish it."
And she dipped her paint roller in the sealer and began rolling again.
And me, what did I do?
I just stepped back and said, "You go, girl!"

No comments:

Post a Comment