If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Chicken Soup

For the past couple of days I've been yucky.  I HATE sickness.  I'm not a good nurse and I'm an even worse patient.  I'm grumpy, whiney, and just generally yucky.  I thought I was better yesterday afternoon but then last night proved that I was not so much.

I decided this afternoon was the time that I was going to have to go to the chicken soup remedy.  I like soup but it MUST be home-made.  I don't care for that canned taste.  Why is it that you can add canned ingredients and it will taste wonderful but just opening a can of soup tastes like, well, like a can?  I knew that I wasn't up to the traditional way that I've made chicken soup - browning the chicken and simmering it with onions and celery before adding it to the chicken stock and noodles and vegetables and herbs; chopping everything by hand; stirring and simmering to perfection.  Today, though, I knew I just needed to dump stuff into a pot and heat it up and then slurp.  So, I consulted my daughter, Bridgette.  I know that she makes things that taste like the traditional recipes but she whips them up in a jiff.  Here is a link http://recipesfromoutoftheblue-beverly.blogspot.com/ to the beginning of my recipe blog where I have posted Bridgette's Chicken Noodle Soup recipe.  I hope to add some photos soon and to add lots and lots of delicious plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment