If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Happy Birthday!

How lucky I am that Mike found me!  I feel ultra fortunate to have him sharing my life on this journey.  Today I give thanks and say a big old Happy Birthday!

Wasn't he cute at three months in that sweet dress?
What a happy little six month old smile!
Starting to look 'all-boy' at nine months.
His love of animals began early - here he is at one year.
I'll bet there are some days when he wishes
he had run as fast as he could on this day! 
(Our wedding day)
I couldn't ask for a better partner in the garden, in the kitchen, in the yard...
Here he is preparing squash for freezing.
Here he is picking the vegetables.
Here is the lawn ranger!
He really looks good in these glasses - but not nearly as cute
as when he wears my zebra print ones in a restaurant.
The grandchildren are the delight of his days.
Whenever they are around, he is one of the kiddos,
 joining in on their games and acting just as silly as they do.
At times they are a handful because all the girls want him at once!
From an early age, they begin to adore him.
Is it any wonder why?
He can wear a cute little grin even when he is the one being pranked.
Years ago a spark was generated...
...and I'm lucky enough that he found me later
when we both were ready to appreciate one another.
(I still melt at that look in his eye.)
Happy Birthday to my dashing one-in-a-million!
I love you Precious!

*Special thanks to my mother-in-law, sister, and daughter for supplying some of these photos.  We really need to take more pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment