If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Service Is Important

We live in an age of technology.  No longer are we considered the manufacturing capital of the world.  Instead, our country has become one of service industry.  Sometimes that service is...well, stellar and sometimes it just stinks.  I think the reputation of the company, the products they offer, and the entire industry sometimes rests on the shoulders of the front line of service. 

I just want to say that last Saturday morning I experienced a situation where I was given some of that stellar service.  The royal treatment was given to me by a young man named Justin at Verizon.  I felt so good about the service he provided that I went to their website and provided feedback in hopes that he might reap the rewards of doing a good job. 

I know, I know, performing your best in everything you do should, and usually is, reward enough.  However, it really didn't take me long to provide a little feedback to his company to let folks know that Justin made me feel confident in the place which provides my phone service.  So, I want to encourage you to do the same when you have the opportunity. 

It might even make you feel like you are giving your best, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment