If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Long Weekend

I just love long weekends, don't you?  It feels like some sort of special gift to have that extra day to loll around sleeping late and doing all the things you want to do at a leisurely pace.  Somehow I seem to enjoy those long holiday weekends almost more than I do vacation times.  Why is that?  Maybe I appreciate that time a little more because I know it is short and precious - not like what seems like a long vacation time.  When I have long vacation days stretching out in front of me, it seems like I just waste and fritter them away.  I don't seem to get everything accomplished that I intend to tackle and I don't get to rest and relax like I want to either.  Why is that? 

I'm really glad to have Labor Day and a holiday weekend.  Here are some reasons why:

1.  I get to relax and sleep late and loll around luxuriously.
2.  I get to spend more time with my sweet husband.
3.  I have time to gather with my family and enjoy their company.
4.  I tend to tackle a small project and will get it accomplished or at least make big headway with it.
5.  I am thankful to have a job that I love to go back to after I have a little time off!

No comments:

Post a Comment