If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Monogram

They say you are not southern if you don't have at least half of your belongings monogrammed.

Well, I think I probably qualify.

I have several cute Thirty-One bags with my name or initials embroidered on them.

I also have a couple of purses with my initials on them.

My daughter-in-law got me a necklace with my initials monogrammed on it.

My key fob has Mickey Mouse and a B on it.

I have a couple of sweaters with my initials embroidered on them.

I even have a vinyl and chevron striped O on the back of my truck.

So, when Bridgette gave Mike and I a wooden swirly O for Christmas, I was really excited!

I put it together with a simple project to have a classy decoration for our front door.

Here is a brief tutorial:

1.  Have a wonderful daughter who gives you a swirly initial for Christmas.

2.  Dig a picture frame that has seen better days out of the trash can.  (Wonder why Laura threw that away?)

3.  Use a coupon and get a yard of burlap at Hobby Lobby when they have it marked 30% off.

4.  Borrow your son, Stephen's, staple gun and staple the burlap to the salvaged frame.

5.  Use some white bread ties to attach the swirly initial to the burlap.

6.  Hang it on your front door.
Sorry, my camera is on the blink and this cell shot is the best I've got.

(I forgot to take before and during photos.)
I think it turned out great, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment