If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Random Ramblings Part 3

We've had a bit of down time since the grands went back home.  When we have down time, Mike and I tend to wallow.  We veg out.  There is TV involved.  There are books and blog readings involved.  Social media overload is involved - taking it in and adding to it.  The good thing is that I have discovered a few things.  Important things.  Things like:

I noticed that The White House now allows photography for the first time in 40 years.
not this white house - we always encourage photos

I'm not getting married again but if I did, I would want a few of these monograms and I'd want a door like that to hang them on, too.  (I guess these would be good for showers, teas, Mother's Day celebrations, birthdays, and other occasions or even just for an everyday pick-me-up!)

I might have to craft me a bit of porch decor like this monogram, too.  It seems even easier that the one below!

When I saw this project, I asked myself, why did I give those cabinet doors somebody gave me years ago away?  And isn't that a cute little knob to hang Toby's leash upon?
He's probably thinking about that, too.

I loved the July 4th Google Doodle didn't you?  You can read about it's Americana Story, too.
This article made me think about how we are living in a world divided and it made me wonder how I can contribute toward making it more of a world that is united, rooted, and established in love.  Mainly it provided an opportunity for me to think and continue to think about how I can and should be.

I learned the secret to happiness.  Well, not really learned, I guess, because this article simply reaffirmed what I already knew about being and becoming happy.  Plus, it made me strive to look at things in a more positive light and be a more positive influence in the world.

What do you do when you have down time?

No comments:

Post a Comment