You may remember the last time I played with stripes. I had stumbled upon a bargain one day when Bridgette, the granddaughters, and I were out junking. I saw some red and ivory striped fabric and crafted a pillow cover which played with the stripes.
That same day, I found some green and ivory striped linen. At the time I had no idea what I would do with it but I bought a couple of yards for $10.
Today I cut the fabric into triangles with the stripes going across the Isosceles triangles.
I did the same thing with another couple of the triangles. Then, I joined the two large Isosceles triangles together to make the top of my pillow.
Next, I cut a couple of strips to form the back of my pillow. These two strips were the same width as my pillow and about 2/3 the length. I turned one edge under a half-inch a couple of times and stitched the fold to form a hem. Then, I overlaped the two hemmed edges in the center and lined up the cut edges to the edge of my pillow top. I stitched the two strips to the pillow top with right sides together. Then, I turned it right side out and pressed the edges and I had an envelope pillow cover.
Wow! My little bargain remnants seem like a real deal when I consider that I also found this one online for $106
One of the good things that came of my making this pillow with the mitered stripes forming a square is that there were also four other Isosceles triangles.
I'm pleased with my bargain striped fabric that I got when we were out junking! Two pillows out of my $10 fabric - and a bonus! I have a bit of it left over.
Maybe I should give some other designs a try. Like this one: