If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Sunday, July 12, 2020

Luci's Days

Bridgette's daughters have traditionally come to stay with me for a couple of days when I am out of school for the summer.  Sometimes when Lillie and Lydia were younger, they would have some troubles at home - not getting along with one another or not being able to stay out of trouble, mostly, and they would need some Days with Grand B. I think it gave their mom some respite from two littles and also gave them a break from one another!

Well, this summer, Luci decided she needed some Days.  (Or maybe her mother and sisters decided she needed some Days so they could have some peace and quiet!)

She liked having some Activities to do after school was closed.  So, I knew that I should plan something for her and I to do.  I also had a project or two that I needed a little nimble being to help me out with.  So, we had Projects as well as Activities plus a party while she was here.

I had seen a tutorial online for creating a patriotic wreath.  So, I thought that would be something she and I could tackle.  I ordered the supplies to be sure I had them on hand when she got here.

Then, we spent one morning on the porch doing our Activity. First, she sorted the red clothes pins from the blue clothes pins - the white ones were a separate purchase.


I showed her how to clip the clothes pins onto the wire wreath form so that they wouldn't slide around and she dove right in clipping them on.

We talked about patterns and she told me lots about them and how she learned about them in school and used them in other Activities or projects that she had done with her mother.

She was very focused and worked hard to get her wreath form going.
Of course, there was also some silliness mixed in as well.  For example, I was told to take a picture of her at this point because it made here look like she had a crazy hairdo!


Oh, there were some distractions.  At one point she had to take a piece of cord that I have out there to tie the porch swing away from the window when the wind gets wild and use it as a make-believe fishing line.  That was a good five to ten minutes of fun pretending.
A major distraction came along and she had to go for her daily ride on the ATV with Mike.  
When they were on their way back to the house, I could hear them squealing and giggling far before they got close to the house!
She did complete most of her Activity with me only adding a few clothes pins.  And was really cute with it.

She took hers home but I hung mine on the door and it still makes me smile as I think of Luci and her busy little self working along on them.
I'll share about our projects that we did together and the party on another post.  Hope you are staying cool in these hot July days!

No comments:

Post a Comment