If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Monday, July 20, 2020

Summer Project #5

This one was a quick one but one that was badly needed!  The chairs that I bought a couple of years ago have been great ones.  They are cane-backed and I just love the style and wish I had ten more to go with the four we have.  When I bought them, they were freshly chalk-painted and had a newly upholstered seat covered in burlap.  However, the burlap didn't hold up as well as I'd hoped and the two we use most often soon needed a refresh.  There were several tears in the burlap from my frequent use of this chair as my home office this spring when we were sent home to work. 

Since that refresh worked so well on those two chairs, I decided to use the same for this chair.  So, I went to my fabric stash and dug out the remnant that was left.  There was barely enough to do one chair so that it would look exactly like the other two and there was enough to cover another chair if I lay the fabric cross grain.  So, I decided that this chair is the only one with arms and would get the cross grain treatment.

I don't think it is noticeable at all that the fabric is laid a little differently from the other two that I recovered in the kitchen and I like the fresh, new look for this chair.  It fits well in my bedroom at the little desk I have there and will probably fit well wherever I put it since the fabric is so neutral.
So, a quick little project makes a big, big difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment