If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Monday, July 13, 2020

Summer Project #2

While Luci was here for her Days, I decided that we needed a project to do that would keep her busy.  We usually do some baking or cooking together and after we had done that, I got her to help me with a cleaning and organizing project.  One of my cabinets had just become a place for all sorts of junk.  So, I decided we would do a bit of organizing of that space.

I really hate that I didn't get a before or even a photo of her pulling all that junk out of the cabinet.  I'm telling you it was a jumbled up mess!  We threw out lots and made a box for donations.  Then, I filled a bowl with soapy water and Luci took a cloth and scrubbed the shelf and cabinet really well!
She was such a good helper!  Then, I handed her a bin and asked her to test it out on the shelf and she was so proud that it was a perfect fit!  So, we put some empty jars into one and vases into another and she tested to see what would fit and what would not.  Then, I handed her things and she found the perfect place for them and we called it a job well done!
The cabinet holds odd jars, extra spice jars, antique bottles that I sometimes use for vases, canning jars, vases, the vintage juicer (that big metal thing behind the large bottle on the left), a bottle of champagne somebody gave us, and liquor that I use to make marinades.

When we finished, Luci asked if we were going to do tackle another cabinet.  So, I decided that while she was willing, we would clean the island shelves.  She got down on the floor and handed me all the cookbooks and pottery.  Then, she got to Mike's side and started fussing about "all his trash!"  He had a stash of plastic bags, some empty soft drink bottles, an old farmer's magazine, and his medications poked into a basket and a bowl.  

She sounded just like a little old lady fussing about his "mess" as she took things off the shelf.

Again, I fixed a bowl of soapy water and she took a cloth and scrubbed the shelves well!

We let them air dry and added the things back onto the shelves - minus the trash that she fussed about in Mike's little corner!  

One of the things we didn't put back into the cabinet was a stack of cups she found.  She told me that she had a good idea of what she could do with them.  So, she took them to the bedroom and closed the door.  After a few minutes, she called me in to see her creation:

After Luci returned home, the house sure did seem quiet without her.  Plus, I certainly did have a good helper while she was here!

No comments:

Post a Comment