If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Summer Project #3

Before school was out, I had decided that I needed to paint the back porch furniture because it was looking kind of ratty.  Some pieces had paint worn off, some were starting to rust a bit, some had a grey fungus growing on them like is growing on the bark of the trees in the back yard, and some had some greenish grey mold-looking stuff on them.  


So, the first thing I did was get a bucket of soapy water, line up the chairs, and begin scrubbing.

I quickly got hot, sweaty, and a bit wobbly due to my not being accustomed to being outside of the air conditioning, getting older and out of shape, and Mike says I was going at it like I was killing snakes.  So, when I came inside to rest and cool off after scrubbing all the chairs, he picked up his phone and called a neighbor.  He lined up a young high school boy to come give me a hand.  So, I scrubbed a couple more pieces and the young man showed up for duty.

I had estimated how many cans I thought would be needed and placed a large order to be sure I had enough paint on hand.

Cole tackled the job with gusto by stacking up four or five chairs and carrying them out into the yard under a shade tree where I indicated I'd planned to paint. 

He painted all I had scrubbed and promised to come back another day to finish up and return everything to the porch.  He even assured me that he could scrub the pieces that I had left.  So, in a day or so, he returned and finished up the painting.  Then, came a day or so later and put everything back into place.

  


It all looks so much better!  I never dreamt it would turn out looking so nice.  It almost looks brand new!

A couple of days later, I decided that I needed to use the four left-over cans of paint to spruce up my plant stands.  So, I lined them all up and gave them a good scrub.  I came inside to cool off and eat a bite while they dried.  Then, I took them out under the shade tree and gave them a coat of paint.


I also unintentionally gave my feet a coat of paint and some of it bled onto my flip-flops and, sadly, they did not look nearly as good as all the furniture did with a coat of paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment